It was built in 1885. This stone cross (cruceiro) has a platform with only one step. Up from here there is a cubic pedestal with an inscription where appears the name of the author, Francisco Otero. That kind of thing is curious because stonemasons started to sign their works in the 20th Century. The shaft is cylindrical with incisions along, apparently without order. The capital is decorated with small sticks and above that angels, who support a circle base from where emerges a cylindrical cross with a statue of Jesus Christ with the “INRI” inscription in the obverse, and Virgin Mary in the reverse.
Stone Cross of A Veiga